With a single application, maximum-strength Nix® Crème Rinse kills lice and their eggs and prevents reinfestation for up to 14 days after initial application (longer than any competing lice removal product). Nix® Crème Rinse is available in a 4-ounce box. The 4-ounce box contains two bottles of Nix® Creme Rinse plus two nit combs.
Adults and children 2 months old and older
• Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
• Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
• Examine small sections of hair at a time
• Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
• If either lice or nits are found, treat with Nix® Crème Rinse
• Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix®. Rinse with water.
• Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
• Shake the bottle of Nix® well
• Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix®. Begin to apply Nix® behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
• Keep Nix® out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
• Leave Nix® on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer
• Rinse with warm water
• Towel dry hair and comb out tangles
• If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
• Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
• Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
• If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
• Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
• Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
• With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
• Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
• Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
• After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
• Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.